Friday, February 1, 2013

My review of Peace, They Say in Touchstone

As I mentioned when I reviewed Jay Nordlinger's fine book Peace, They Say here on Montana Headlines, that review was essentially half of the original draft of my review. I pared that draft down for submission to Touchstone magazine, and used the cuttings in the above-mentioned Montana Headlines review.

I have written a number of times over the years for Touchstone, a fine serious magazine that deals with the nexus between Christianity and culture from a traditional perspective. It includes a balance of Roman Catholic, Eastern Orthodox, and Protestant writers and editors, and for those who are interested in both Christianity and modern culture, its pages contain some thoughtful gems.

As a side-note, it is a little scary to realize that it has now been more than 20 years since my first piece appeared in its pages.

Anyway, my review was just published, and here is the link -- enjoy!

No comments: